Every time I stretch my Achilles tendon by kneeling, I get a sharp pain and sometimes even a popping sensation. I have had this for about 2 weeks. Oh, and by the way, I am a cross country runner in the middle of my summer training. What could be wrong?

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Achilles pain

KaelenG276~ you have Achilles tendonitis and with all the popping and squeezing going on I would be fearful that you were imminently going to rupture the tendon.
STOP RUNNING STAT ! Make an appt to see an Orthopedic, Podiatrist, or an PT who specializes in Sports Medicine to concur. DO NOT RUN TILL YOU HAVE DONE THIS ! Apply some ice if painful but DO NOT STRETCH till one of the specialists say so

In brief: Achilles pain

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine