Best care for ankylosis spondylitis?

NSAIDS. This is from spondylitis.org: You and your doctor can decide which of the following medications, if any, are best for you. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are still the cornerstone of treatment and the first stage of medication in treating the pain and stiffness associated with AS. .
Rheumatology. If this diagnosis is suspected or confirmed, a rheumatologist should be consulted, and should follow the patient regularly.
Depends. Ankylosing spondylitis has a variable presentation in each case from intermittant mild pain to continuous severe pain. The "best care" therefore depends upon what category yours falls into. This can range from NSAIDS to newer bioeffective agents. This condition is best handled by a rheumatologist who can customize your treatment for comfort and limiting long term complications.