I there any relationship between blood pressure and pulse rate, my blood pressure has gone down, but my pulse rate has gone up. Normal BP is 120/ 130 over 70, now its 100/60. Normal pulse is 68/70 now 85/92 should I be concerned, thanks?

Dr. Ayisha Gani

In brief: Pulse and bp

It is normal physiologic compensatory mechanism foe the pulse rate to raise with low blood pressure to meet the needs the of the body.
But your numbers are still within normal range, but at your it is better to have it checked out as the pressure usually gets higher not lower with aging.

In brief: Pulse and bp

Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. Carisa Hines
Palliative Care

In brief: Pulse

A normal pulse rate is between 60-100 beats per minute.
If you experience any palpitations, no matter what your heart rate, seek medical attention.

In brief: Pulse

Dr. Carisa Hines
Dr. Carisa Hines
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No worries

Your pulse rate is still with in normal rage Bp normalized heart rate may take bit time to settle down ,

In brief: No worries

Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Please see below

There can be a relationship, depending on the circumstance.
On standing up from sitting the systolic BP falls and the diastolic BP and pulse rise: this is normal. Hypertension per say does not affect the pulse rate. Would need to know a lot more information to tell if the above blood pressures or pulse readings are significant. For consultation: http:///www.healthtap.com/dr-lipkin

In brief: Please see below

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Cynthia Archer

In brief: Yes. There is.

Cardiovascular physiology is beyond the scope of this forum. Nevertheless I suggest given your gender and she that you see a doctor to have your general health assessed.
Regarding blood pressure and heart rate, it is summer. The most common cause of this observation is inadequate hydration in the heat. That said, I would still suggest health, including cardiovascular screening.

In brief: Yes. There is.

Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Normally,

when blood pressure rises, heart rate/pulse also rises in response to increased activity demands, stress, etc.
However, in the setting of blood loss/decreased blood volume the pressure can fall, and the heart tries to pump more to compensate so heart rate rises. The magnitude of the changes you note is not great, but it is something you should see your doctor about. Good wishes:)

In brief: Normally,

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology