I have ocd, and have an obsessive worry about going crazy. I am taking sertraline 75mg, and it helps some. What should I do to eliminate that worry?

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Combined treatment

Not knowing your complete history I suggest combined pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy - cognitive behavioral therapy or exposure based therapy.
if you are able to make this work seek a reputable therapist with experience treating OCD. Some evidence that medication reduces symptoms to allow therapy to be more effective. Skills learned in therapy are important for long term management. Be well.

In brief: Combined treatment

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Beverly Dexter
Clinical Psychology

In brief: OCD

Please also see a Psychologist expert in anxiety disorders, especially if you have any trauma history.
OCD may have a strong genetic piece so the right med and dose can be amazing. But therapy may also be extremely helpful in reducing the stress that feeds into OCD and can aggravate it. We can help--please reach out.

In brief: OCD

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Beverly Dexter