Hello. I just got pap smear test done and the result says "focal koilocytosis and karyomegali noted". how serious is this n wats d next step? thanks.

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Your Gynec should he

Did your gynecologist not explain the results to you? You should ask this question and find out what it means.
To me, it looks like there is nothing serious but you need to rely on the guidance provided by your gynecologist and be alert and find out if you might have HPV infection which is common and can create some cellular changes , most of which resolve with time.

In brief: Your Gynec should he

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Adam Levy