How will I know if i'm bipolar?

Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: You may not

A lot of things can look like bipolar--even an agitated depression.
See a psychiatrist to help you figure this out.

In brief: You may not

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Bipolar disagnosis

I agree with dr. Munir that you should see a psychiatrist for a formal psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic assessment.
In general, however, symptoms of bipolar disorder consist of episodes of mania which include elevated mood, grandiosity, decreased need for sleep and increased energy, lasting about a week. There are also epiosodes of depression lasting 2 weeks. They can also go together (mixed).

In brief: Bipolar disagnosis

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Julia Frank

In brief: Bipolar

Reading the book moodswing by ronald fieve may help you assess your concerns about being bipolar.

In brief: Bipolar

Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Muhammad Munir

In brief: Bipolar disorder

The best way to get the right diagnosis and treatment will be to meet with a psychiatrist for an evaluation.
Just mood changes and been irritable angry does not mean bipolar it can also happen with depression and anxiety disorders.

In brief: Bipolar disorder

Dr. Muhammad Munir
Dr. Muhammad Munir
Dr. Eric Weisman