I rubbed my eye last night and it had minimal swelling and i did put ice on it last night. i wake up this morning and its even bigger swelling with crust and gooey stuff around my eyes. what is it and how to treat it?

Dr. J. Scott Litton

In brief: Possible infection

Hi there, there are a couple of things that could be going on.
You may have irritated the clear covering of your eye, called the cornea. This needs to be examined by a doctor with a special test. Another possibility is that you could have scratched your eyelid and have an infection in the lid. It is best to get this examined right away so that the appropriate medication can be prescribed.

In brief: Possible infection

Dr. J. Scott Litton
Dr. J. Scott Litton
Dr. Vicken Poochikian