I am a 33 yr old male. No allergies, recently had full blood work and perfect health. Ever since I was a child if i drink water (even not during sports) my throat and mouth get very dry. I am a vocalist and this is a problem for me. Why is drinking water

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See ENT/dentist

Your symptoms are unusual although I suspect that you may have dry mouth from lack of saliva production.
With this condition you are more likely to get dental caries. I suspect that you start to drink water when your throat is getting dry but blame the water instead. Mouth-breathing is another common cause. Best to get the throat examined especially if you wish to continue singing.

In brief: See ENT/dentist

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Cindy Juster