Had gallbladder removed 2 wks ago rib gt accidentally broke I am still having severe pain in abdomen & back I feel worse now then b4 surgery. Why?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Gallbladder helps

break down fats.
W/out it some folks have GI symptoms. Diagnostechs lab in Washington state has a good GI lab panel or your doc can do more conventional tests. Please see doc who may refer you to a gastroenterologist. You may need to supplement w/digestive enzymes. Peace and good health.

In brief: Gallbladder helps

break down fats.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Broken rib

Its probably because you have a broken rib.
This usually takes about 3-4 weeks before starting to hurt less. You should definitely discuss this with your surgeon. In the rib was broken during the hospital stay, ask why. This is very unusual. Hope this helps!

In brief: Broken rib

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Vikram Patel