I use Albuterol & Ipratropium Bromide in my nebulizer and I used it this morning 1 1/2 later I started coughing awful. My inhaler stopped it. Reason?

Dr. Duane Gels
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Cough is good

Though there is good data to suggest an inhaler used with spacer and optimal technique can be as effective as nebulized medication (in toddlers to seniors), I don't recall ever seeing it work better than a neb.
Consider whether the neb "loosened up" mucus that accumulated through the night, making cough more effective; this commonly (and paradoxically) increases cough for an hour or so.

In brief: Cough is good

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: MDIs spacer

An inhaler with a spacer device is an effective and efficient way to deliver aerosolized asthma medications.
The nebulizer may be used, but sometimes the medication delivery can be sub optimal.

In brief: MDIs spacer

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology