2 doctors weighed in:

Is there any chance a small part of swallowed swimming cap cause the problem?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Usually not

People all over the world accidentally swallow little bones, fruit seeds, pieces of objects like toys or jewelry every once in a while.
Usually nothing happens, as long as the swallowed item is not a magnet, is not a battery, and is not otherwise leaking toxins. A piece of plastic is considered non-toxic because it will come out of the butt pretty much intact, and soon.

In brief: Usually not

People all over the world accidentally swallow little bones, fruit seeds, pieces of objects like toys or jewelry every once in a while.
Usually nothing happens, as long as the swallowed item is not a magnet, is not a battery, and is not otherwise leaking toxins. A piece of plastic is considered non-toxic because it will come out of the butt pretty much intact, and soon.
Dr. Robert Kwok
Dr. Robert Kwok
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified,
26 years in practice
491K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors