I'm asthmatic today I took my inhalers to loosen my chest but they didn't relieve it they seemed to make my chest tighter what should I do ?

Dr. Sunil Bochare

In brief: See a doctor now !!

Asthma exacerbation is a serious condition.
You need to see a physician right away !!

In brief: See a doctor now !!

Dr. Sunil Bochare
Dr. Sunil Bochare
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt workup

If you have a peak flow meter, this is a helpful way to gauge your airflow.
I would suggest seeing the ED or Urgent Care center for a possible course of oral steroids and further assessment. A virtual appointment may be booked online once you are seen in the ED or UC at healthtap.com, Dosanjh MD

In brief: Mgt workup

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See doc or go to ER

This is likely from mucus plugging up your airways.
You need to get immediate medical attention now. Don't wait another second longer. I am assuming that your asthma has been going on for awhile. However if this occurs suddenly without any trigger (viral , allergen exposure etc) , then it may not be asthma at all. Do you have more problem breathing in or pushing the air out?

In brief: See doc or go to ER

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Cindy Juster