I have sharp pains in my lower back and pelvic area. It usually happens during my period but goes away but it has been constant these past few hours. i am incapable of walking without extreme pain. what can i do to relieve this pain?

Dr. Michelle Huggins

In brief: Drink plenty

You may have a bladder or kidney infection.
Increase your water intake. Drink cranberry juice if you have it or get some and over the counter AZO standard (phenazopyridine). If symptoms are related to urinary infection, like bladder or kidney, these things will ease your discomfort until you get to your doctor later in the week.

In brief: Drink plenty

Dr. Jerald Rector

In brief: Severe pelvic pain

there are a number of very serious conditions that cause severe lower pelvic pain, including twisting of the ovaries, infections, and pregnancy complications.
If you can't walk without severe pain, I recommend seeing the emergency room.

In brief: Severe pelvic pain

Dr. Adam Levy