How to treat my inflamed poison ivy! My entire body is covered in a warm raised rash! It's painful and itchy and I can't sleep without waking to itch?

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Need medications

Should see your doc.
For such a large area you are likely to need oral prescription meds to treat your discomfort.

In brief: Need medications

Should see your doc.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

Are you sure it is a reaction to ivy? Begin with a good diagnosis.
How long have you had this? If it is actually "poison" ivy, what was the nature of your contact and when? This is an allergic reaction to contact with the oil from the plant. It is not contagious and does not spread. For extensive reactions, use prescription prednisone 50mg. One pill in AM every other day for 3 or 4 doses.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Pathology

In brief: Get seen

A short course of systemic glucocorticoids is appropriate in this situation, and no home remedy will be very useful.
Topical hydrocortisone creame is an option if you can't get seen.

In brief: Get seen