I just found out my husband passed due to acute cocaine intoxication and the contributing factor was severe coronary artery disease. Is there any way to find out if he was a habitual cocaine user? I am not aware that he was. I just received the call from

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Hair testing

if he has already been buried (or worse, cremated) it would be difficult to have him disinterred for that kind of testing, but if his comb or hairbrush is still around, that may have enough hair (especially longer strands) to have testing done.
It is not inexpensive, and usually has to be ordered by doctor or police authorities. Hair testing can accurately determine times of prior use.

In brief: Hair testing

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg

In brief: Difficult time

The loss of an important person in your life is always very painful.
The grieving can be more complicated in such a situation that you describe. It may be helpful to you to meet with a therapist to help you sort out these feelings.

In brief: Difficult time

Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Michael Blumenfield