So I punched a wall last night and when I did is was all on the side of the hand and now it hurts to spread my pinky away from my fingers ?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: You

might have a fracture.
Go to an urgent care facility, you probably need xrays done.

In brief: You

might have a fracture.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Two things

1. You need an xray to be sure you didn't fracture a bone in your finger..
the bones are small thus fracture more easily and 2. You need an anger management course!!! Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: Two things

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice

In brief: Check this out

Please go to a clinic and get an exam & X-ray to make certain there are no broken bones.
If you would like to talk about what made you punch the wall I am available for online consultations via HealthTap. Have a great day and be well!

In brief: Check this out

Dr. Harold Mandel
Dr. Harold Mandel
2 comments
Dr. Susan Feingold
It sounds like you should work with a therapist on anger management and your reactivity. I see your hurt hand as a symbol of your being out of control. If you don't address this problem it won't get better, and perhaps you could damage more than your hand or property without help.
Dr. Susan Feingold
If you don't address this problem, it won't get better. Next time you could damage more than your hand or property. You could hurt someone else and your relationships.
Dr. Aaron Milstone