Very poor sleep for 1 month. Difficulty falling asleep, constantly waking up, & not feeling well-rested. Nothing is different, but I started Zoloft 1 month ago. Also, I have been constipated for 2 wks. Could Zoloft be the cause or something else?

Zoloft (sertraline) Some people will have insomnia and stomach/digestion issues with SSRIs but those may go away. Are you getting a positive mood response from the med? But please call your prescribing doc about the possible side effects. They may decide to try a different SSRI or other effective medication. Please don't give up and do please call your doctor. Also talk to a therapist also for therapy for mood disord.
Possible. Constipation is not a common side effect of Zoloft (sertraline). However, along with not feeling any better, you should review this med, possible side effect and dosage with prescribing doctor without delay. If dose is lowered and constipation disappears, you have your answer. Also consider other causes for constipation possibly with your pcp if no improvement or gets worse. Take care.
Yes, it can. Zoloft (sertraline), (sertraline) a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), is known to interfere with sleep and increase constipation in some individuals. Often sleep improves as the body adjusts to the medication. A stool softener/increase in dietary fiber may help constipation. That said there are other potential causes not be related to the Zoloft (sertraline). Suggest followup with provider to discuss given the noted duration of use.
See answer. Zoloft (sertraline) has the possibility of causing the insomnia. Every has the possibility of reCting to medications differently. You should try taking the medication in the am and see if this makes a difference for you. The constipation may be from many sources. Try hydration and exercise daily. Watch your diet eat healthy and give up the junk foods. You will feel better have more energy and the brain will fu.