Having general anaesthetic Thurs terrified I wont wake up 24 year old female, healthy but smoke not heavily tho please put my mind at ease?

Dr. Norman Cohen
Anesthesiology

In brief: Concern is typical

Fear of anesthesia is very common.
Like commercial flying, the actual risk of dying or not waking up from anesthesia is very, very low - on the order of 1 in 200,000 for a healthy individual. If you can refrain from smoking as much as possible before surgery, that improves safety some. Cigarettes create carbon monoxide that reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen. Oxygen delivery is important!

In brief: Concern is typical

Fear of anesthesia is very common.
Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham