I took plan b the day after intercourse. second week, Brests are very sore and full. I'm experiencing bloating and gas. I notice white discharge today?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Start with

a Pregnancy test! Often these are symptoms from the Plan B hormones however Plan B is not 100% effective.
..so make sure If your symptoms continue and your Preg Test is NEGATIVE, check it out with your Gynecologist! Hope this helps...Good Luck! Dr Z

In brief: Start with

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Mary David

In brief: 95%

Plan B is 95% effective if taken within 24 hrs.
after unprotected intercourse and does cause some irregular bleeding. The effectiveness decreases the longer after intercourse it is taken. Your symptoms could be due to the progestin in the Plan B or you could be pregnant. Check a pregnancy test 2 weeks after the intercourse and repeat it in 3-5 days if it is negative.

In brief: 95%

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Jane Van Dis