Having horrible menstrual cramps... Does Tylenol (acetaminophen) not work for cramps? It didn't even put a dent in the pain.

Cramps . menstrual cramps are from prostaglandins. Ibuprofen is an anti-prostaglandin. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is not. Feel better. .
Better choices. Tylenol (acetaminophen) might take the edge off of menstrual cramps but usually does not help much. Ibuprofen (Advil) or Naproxen generally helps more, but I also advise magnesium (ideally magnesium taurate or glycinate) 3-400 mg/day. You can also get magnesium by adding 1-2 cups of epsom salts to a warm bath. Herbs like cramp bark, valerian, black cohosh and chamomile can help. See http://tinyurl.com/mssgows.