I had reconstructive breast surgery in December 2014. Why are my new ones so misshapen? Do I have to pay to get another plastic surgeon to fix them?

Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Implant

Was the reconstruction performed with Implants or with own tissue? Please check first with the surgeon who performed the surgery for possible explanation for the shape.

In brief: Implant

Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Dr. Krishna Narayanan
2 comments
Dr. Suman Das
Dr.Narayanan is quite right.It is a possibility.Whatever is the case you should go back to your original surgeon.
Dr. Suman Das
We need to find the problem first and then solve it.We do not have much information other than a deformed breast.The first surgeon has all the informations.She should start there.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Revision of breast

Of course, it is a new operation being done.

In brief: Revision of breast

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Asymmetrical breasts

If you had mastectomy of one side it is not uncommon at all to have 2 different size and shaped breasts.
Usuaslly,your other breast is smaller or saggy or bigger.All these are corrected in the second operation.Your insurance company will pay for that as they paid for your first one.Go back to your original Plastic surgeon and he wil help you.

In brief: Asymmetrical breasts

Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Adam Levy