Im in pain, left side of my abdomen could this be my diverticulitis acting up again and what shhould I do?

Dr. Katharine Garnier
In brief: Diverticulitis
If you have had diverticulitis before, then it is possible, you need to contact your doctor for antibiotics, and to be evaluated.
Go on a liquid diet to minimize bowel irritation and do not use an enema if you have constipation, use miralax (polyethylene glycol). You definitely need to be checked to see if it is something else, like a kidney stone, or females can have ovarian cysts or pelvic inflammatory disease too.

In brief: Diverticulitis
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Yes, see doctor
Yes indeed it could be diverticulitis- but you need to see your doctor to be sure.
Not all left sided pain equals diverticulitis, which is inflammation around the sigmoid colon. Sometimes the pain can be from constipation, or colon spasm. These things are treated other ways, not with antibiotics, which is why seeing your doctor for a proper diagnostic evaluation is important.

In brief: Yes, see doctor
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Elyas Parsa
In brief: See your PCP
Call your primary care physician and see them asap.
If this is diverticulitis it will get worse without treatment with appropriate antibiotic therapy.

In brief: See your PCP
Dr. Elyas Parsa
Dr. Elyas Parsa
Dr. Martin Raff
The key word here is "If". Dr. Parsa's advice is excellent. See a doctor ASAP and make sure what you are dealing with and how to treat it.
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery