Hello, My wife and I are trying to conceive but at the same time we are having a 14 day doxyxycline course because UU (100.000 CFU/ml) was found in my wife's cervix. Is it safe keep on trying to conceive or shall we wait and which are the risks? Best Re

Dr. Amy Bruner
Gynecology

In brief: Keep trying

If she started the doxycycline right before or during her period and if you and your wife happen to get pregnant before you completely finish the doxycyline there should't be any problem since it will be too early in the pregnancy for the fetus to be exposed.
If she is close to ovulation then I would wait on trying until it is completed and after her next period.

In brief: Keep trying

Dr. Amy Bruner
Dr. Amy Bruner
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham