My wife wants to undergo anal bleaching. I don't think its a good idea. What are the risks?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Skin damage
Not a good idea. The perianal skin normally has some darker coloration- it's not "dirty" or bad.
However, this skin is very specialized, and the sensory receptors help us to "know the difference" between gas and stool, among other things. Anal bleaching could damage the perianal skin and lead to siginificant long-term problems with chronic irritation of the area.

In brief: Skin damage
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Dont
Definitely this is one of those things were the risks far outweigh the benefits.

In brief: Dont
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Arnon Rubin