My wife wants to undergo anal bleaching. I don't think its a good idea. What are the risks?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Skin damage

Not a good idea. The perianal skin normally has some darker coloration- it's not "dirty" or bad.
However, this skin is very specialized, and the sensory receptors help us to "know the difference" between gas and stool, among other things. Anal bleaching could damage the perianal skin and lead to siginificant long-term problems with chronic irritation of the area.

In brief: Skin damage

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Dont

Definitely this is one of those things were the risks far outweigh the benefits.

In brief: Dont

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Peter Kurzweil