I have a throbbing pain in the top of my head as well as my head feeling "fuzzy" today. It is not a typical migraine. What could this be?

Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Hard to say

Most likely, given that it sounds like you have had migraines in the past it is either related to muscle tension in your neck or is a migraine variant.
In Chinese Medicine or other models there are other likely explanations. If symptoms persisted even for just 24 hours I would suggest a formal office visit. If you have migraine medicine available it is rather safe to see if it helps.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. James Rotchford
Dr. James Rotchford