I've been having panic attacks. I always feel slight chest pain , tingling in arms or legs. Like I'm going to faint or be sick. Could it be thyroid ?

Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Get Blood Work

The first question is,whether or not you are being treated for your panic attacks.
If,so, your meds may need adjusting. Thyroid problems can present with symptoms that feel psychological, usually closer to depression. However, your Doc can easily do a blood work up to check this out. You can take both of these steps at the same time.

In brief: Get Blood Work

Dr. Marcie Berman
Dr. Marcie Berman
Dr. Beverly Dexter
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Panic symptoms

Your physician can do lab tests to check your thyroid, yes thyroid disorder can affect mood.
Please see your doc if you suspect thyroid. If not organic, recommend you see a psychologist expert in treating anxiety disorders. EMDR is one of the most effective treatments and can work faster than some other talk-therapies

In brief: Panic symptoms

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Beverly Dexter