Earlier when I cried I noticed some blood in the corner of my eye. What could be the cause for that?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: YerGuessAsGoodAsMine

I've heard of a bleeding heart, a bloody mess, microphone bleed, and "Let It Bleed," but the eye? Were you rubbing it? Could it have been makeup? Strawberry Eyes Cream? Were you near a stuck pig? You didn't have a nose bleed, did you?(it can leak back up through a lacrimal (tear) duct.
And-are you sure it was blood? Every now and then a small blood vessel can pop but it usually leaves a mark. So???

In brief: YerGuessAsGoodAsMine

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Peter Kurzweil