What can a regular chest ct scan reveal about the heart if anything? Normal EKG/Echo/C-X-ray but I'm having ct scan in few days bc of ongoing chest pn

Dr. Joel Gorfinkel
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Dome help

It will show heart structure and function, but you are too young for it to show early coronary disease, which would be very unusual at ur age, unless u have a family hx of very premature cor disease.
The tests u had pretty much evaluated everything. Since ur symptom is chest pain a regular stress test may be even more helpful than the chest CT, especially if it is a NON contrast CT. Good luck.

In brief: Dome help

Dr. Joel Gorfinkel
Dr. Joel Gorfinkel
2 comments
Dr. Mary David
The CT will primarily look for non-cardiac causes of chest pain. Since your other tests were all normal.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
I hope you had a good history and physical, they usually point to the probable cause or possibilities.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology