A therapist suggested I try Imipramine for occasional anxiety flare ups. Said she used years ago as needed. Can it be taken like this?

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Imipramine

It is rarely prescribed for anxiety in all of the hospitals i have served in, and I don't think it is generally appropriate for us as providers to use our own personal response to a med (both private medical information and just a one person case example) as the basis to advise patients.
Please seek a second opinion from a psychologist or psychiatrist. Therapy such as EMDR is a better long term an

In brief: Imipramine

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham