Once every 2 to 3 months I have an attack where my whole body feels like it's on fire/inflammed. It hurts to be touched. What's happening to me?

Dr. Jerald Rector

In brief: Muscle or skin pain

If the sensitivity is superficial in your skin, it could be a reaction to medicine, or other allergic reaction.
However, if deeper and in your muscles, that may be more like fibromyalgia. This is a condition of sore muscles around the shoulders and in other areas, possibly linked to stress and unrestful sleep. This sounds pretty important, and I would chat with your doctor about it.

In brief: Muscle or skin pain

Dr. Jerald Rector
Dr. Jerald Rector
Dr. Adam Smith