Hi my cholesterol level is 140 ,LDL is 67,HDL is 36 it was done by photometry by taking blood while fasting are these level good.

Pathology

In brief: HDL could be better

As Dr. Parkash mentioned, your HDL should be higher and you can do that by increasing physical activity.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco or alcohol in any form. Practice safe sex.

In brief: HDL could be better

Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: South Asian highrisk

For a south Asian your numbers are better than most I have seen.
However bc u r from the Indian subcontinent your risk for CAD is high and the ACC recommends South Asians be treated as CAd-equivalents. Having said that, your HDl (good chol) ought to higher: daily or 4x/wk exercise, even walking briskly 40 mins will help. Eat more fish, almonds and walnuts. LDL great <70! Be sure to check glucose

In brief: South Asian highrisk

Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Layne Hermansen

In brief: Excellent levels!

A combination of good genetics, healthy diet and exercise, and possibly if you are taking cholesterol medication is all giving you great readings.
Keep up the good work!

In brief: Excellent levels!

Keep up the good work!
Dr. Layne Hermansen
Dr. Layne Hermansen
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine