I got a blood in my urine and inflamation. What can I do to heal it faster? I got 1 day antibiotics for it, but im not sure if its enough, pain is big

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: More antibiotics

I hope you mean 1-a-day antibiotics and not antibiotics for a single day.
There are afew antibiotics given as 1-a-day. Your UTI may be due to a resistant organism if you have been taking it for at least three days without relief. In which case you need to go on another antibiotic. Would be a good idea to have aurine culture with drug sensitivities, if not done already. If done check sensitivities.

In brief: More antibiotics

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Give it time

Most cases of blood in the urine will heal spontaneously as the infection clears.
If the bleeding persists, more testing will be required. The pain will also slowly resolve as the infection clears. You can use analgesics to help with the discomfort during this time period.

In brief: Give it time

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Andrea Brand