Today, while walking, i experienced shortness of breath on climbing a hill and then coughing for several hours. I had deep burning in my chest. ?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: Heart !!

While there are many different possible causes of your symptoms, the increase with exertion is concerning for heart pain.
Get seen asap to rule out the possibility that you are about to have a heart attack. If you are having pain right now go to the er or call for an ambulance. Once you have proved that your heart is ok u can look for other causes such as asthma, or just being out of shape.

In brief: Heart !!

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology