Diagnosed with TMJ pain at ER yesterday. Now noticed my lower jaw sits further left than before. Teeth don't line up. Is this normal for TMJ problems?? Taking naproxen 550 now for severe muscle pain

No it is not. my advise either go and see a dentist and make sure there is no problem with your joint, or go and see ENT specialist. something is not right there, they are supposed to be symmetrical ,in spite of the inflammation. the dentist might be able to help, discovering why ,and providing mouth guard. the ENT might be able to inject steroid in the joint for the inflammation and the pain.
Need diagnosis. ER gave you a bandaid, pain pills for your pain symptom. They did not diagnose the cause of your TMJ dysfunction. Shift to 1 side not normal. May be displaced disc or muscle malfunction. Please call your Dentist for Rx or referral to the appropriate Dental Specialist.
TMJ pain. This is not unusual with acute TMJ symptoms. The muscles and ligaments on one side are not working properly. TMJ dysfunction/pain is usually a result of bruxism (chronic teeth grinding and/or clenching). and/or a bad bite. Often a result of chronic stress. See your dentist, or a TMJ experienced dentist, for diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Consult with a. dentist who specializes in treating TMJ and Oral/Facial Pain. This is not normal but can happen with TMJ dysfunction.
TMJ expert. Common with TMJ problems. See TMJ expert. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.