Pls Advice what is functional iron deficiency for a female and what may be range of iron[ in figures] when that is diagnosed in a women-thanks?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Iron deficiency

I don't know quite what you mean by "functional", but in general, iron deficiency is not a problem unless it results in symptomatic anemia.
The actual numbers which would result in symptoms would vary from woman to woman. It is not the iron levels themselves that you would be most interested in, but the results of the hemoglobin and hematocrit are most important. Good luck.

In brief: Iron deficiency

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Jane Van Dis