Took maxalt (rizatriptan) at 10 am for migraine I've had for 3 days. It's 1130 and it's still pretty bad so took a 50mg tramadol. Am I going to be ok??

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Yes, that is ok.

Although you would not normally take these medicines together, it should be ok to do it one time.
If you want to increase the potency of your maxalt, (rizatriptan) take it with ibuprofen 400 mg. That is safer and it works better.

In brief: Yes, that is ok.

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren

In brief: Advice

Maxalt (rizatriptan) and other triptans work best if taken within the first 60-90 minutes after start of headache, and fail frequently if taken later. Tramadol may help but several other meds work better, such as Cambia.
"Pain pills" have the downside of rebound and later worsening of headache patterns. Your pseudo tumor issues may be exacerbating this. Would phone your doctor.

In brief: Advice

Dr. Eric Weisman