I cannot sleep, I went and seen my therapist today and she told me to take a sedative but they don't seem to be working, I'm not sure what to do. I just want a good night sleep. Anxiety isn't to bad.

Dr. Norman Cohen
Anesthesiology

In brief: Consider melatonin

Melatonin is available over the counter and is a helpful, "natural" sleep aid that is sufficient for many people.
Other things that can help with sleep include not consuming alcohol the last several hours before planned bedtime and avoiding reading (particularly with devices that are backlit like phones or tablets) immediately before bed.

In brief: Consider melatonin

Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Eric Weisman