Recently I have been frequently getting headaches during or after school I don't like taking medinces everyday but laying down doesn't help what do I do?

David Miller

In brief: Detective work

The first thing you need to do is figure out what kind of headache this is and what might be causing it.
I would suggest starting a headache log. Start keeping track of the times you get the headache, where it is, how severe, what you were doing before, etc and what you do to help it. This info will help you and your doc figure this out. http://www.headaches.org/for_professionals/headache_diary.

In brief: Detective work

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management

In brief: Pain Treatment.

A headache log as suggested above is an excellent recommendation.
Additionally make sure you are well hydrated and not going too long without eating or drinking; keep a record of your oral intake as well. Persistent headaches require specialty provider evaluation.

In brief: Pain Treatment.

Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer