I've had yellowish green watery stools for 3 years now. I've gone to a GI doctor and had a colonoscopy and an ultra sound of my gallbladder?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: The microbiome

The lose of normal bowel movements if not related to a lesion obstructing colon is usually the result in an altered microbiome.
That is the organisms that populate the colon. Normally certain microorganisms don't overpopulate. At times if c.difficile or other pathogens overgrow then normal fecal material must be introduced into the colon via tube to repopulate the flora

In brief: The microbiome

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine