I slept off and on last night, yesterday I had a horrible anxiety attack that lasted all day. Took .5 ativan (lorazepam) at 730 8pm and another at 3am. Could that be why I'm so tired? Heads full and heavy. Dizzy

Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Check with Doctor

Ativan (lorazepam) can make you tired and fatigued.
That is the kind of problem I want my patients to call me about so that I can help adjust the medication or reassure them. I would check with your doctor on that one.

In brief: Check with Doctor

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: High anxiety

Ativan (lorazepam) 1 mg last night, especially if not used to it, could be be part of your fatigue.
But main cause is likely lack of restful sleep and stress from severe anxiety. Do let prescribing doctor know about bad night/anxiety. There are more effective medications to block anxiety attacks. Consider therapy for relaxation strategies and insight. Hope this helps.

In brief: High anxiety

Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Beverly Dexter
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Insomnia and fatigue

People have different reactions to Ativan (lorazepam) and it can certainly make you feel tired and dizzy.
If you have chronic insomnia Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Insomnia is most recommended, but you should also see a psychologist expert in anxiety and sleep disorders.

In brief: Insomnia and fatigue

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Beverly Dexter