MRI of right hand shows perforation of the triangular fibrocartilage and degenerative changes of the triquetrum pisiform joint. Surgery only option?

Dr. Amogh Sahai
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Not necessarily

I don't treat imaging studies but rather the clinical symptoms.
Are you having pain in the wrist at times or is the pain continuous in nature? Is this your dominant hand? Also, does your wrist lock up on you or makes painful noises? If there is limited ROM, unbearable pain, and locking of the wrist, then surgery should be considered. Otherwise, consider PT, NSAID, and intrarticular wrist shot

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Amogh Sahai
Dr. Amogh Sahai
Dr. Vicken Poochikian