I think i might have endometriosis, but i don't want to overreact. I have symptoms of IBS and take birth control for severe period cramps, thoughts?

Dr. Jose Bolanos

In brief: Painful Teens

I would not rush to surgery.
You are only 17 yo and would be conservative. Take Motrin 400mg four times a day during your period and start it early.

In brief: Painful Teens

I would not rush to surgery.
Dr. Jose Bolanos
Dr. Jose Bolanos
Dr. D Elan Simckes
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Endometriosis

It is my own professional opinion that endometriosis is significantly underdiagnosed in your age group.
Because my practices primarily focused on infertility (including endometriosis) i would want to know for sure whether or not you have it so it can be managed proactively so as to reduce your symptoms and help you plan out the building of your family. I would consider a laparoscopy.

In brief: Endometriosis

Dr. D Elan Simckes
Dr. D Elan Simckes
Dr. Jane Van Dis