My 10 y.o. daughter and I have high calcitriol levels with normal calcium & PTH levels. My 25-OH-D levels are 30 ng/mL. What could be causing this?

Dr. Atul Singh
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Vit D

I am assuming you have high Vit d 1,25 level with normal calcium and PTH and a low normal Vit d 25.
This seems to not make sense. What was the phosphorus level and why were these labs done. High d 1,25 is either exogenous use or a non renal conversion and often there is high calcium and p04 and a low PTH. You should D/w your MD. Truly most pts don't even need a 1,25 level checked

In brief: Vit D

Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Jonathan Jassey