Took 1st dose of metroprolol 12.5 & .1 mg fludrocortisone. Made me feel out of it. Given for vasovagal. Is it safe if I don't continue to take it?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Safety

If you are not responding well to those meds stop taking them and report to your doctor as soon as possible.

In brief: Safety

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
3 comments
Dr. Umesh Patel
Patients who are intolerant to metoprolol ER 12.5mg, Oren can tolerate propranolol 5mg two to four times daily better. 15-20mmHg below knee support hose and Proamantine 2.5 mg to four times daily can help keep BP up. Try drinking a packet of Extrra Lowoz daily (http//:drpatel.myunicity.com).
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel

In brief: Dysautonomia

Dysautonomia syndrome causes different symptoms alleviated by avoidance of stimulants, ensuring hydration, using magnesium, vitamin D & omega fish oils (www.
cardiamin.com, use code: CMC), low dose beta blockers e.g. propranolol 5 to 10mg 2 to 3 times daily and SSRIs e.g. citalopram 5 to 10mg daily. Read Dr. Ronald Hoffman’s MVP book (www.Amazon.com) and visit www.dysautonomiainternational.o

In brief: Dysautonomia

Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Vasovagal

I'm not familiar with the use of these medications for vasovagal syncope although florinef (fludrocortisone) is used to treat postural hypotension by helping the body retain sodium.
Your dose of metoprolol,which lowers the blood pressure and slows the heart rate, is quite low but if you feel intolerant of it, consult your physician before stopping it.

In brief: Vasovagal

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Eric Weisman