Yesterday very anxious all day and depersonalized. Then a family member passed away last night so I only got 2 hours of sleep Took .25 ativan (lorazepam). I'm super tired and anxious today can I take more ativan (lorazepam)?

Dr. Shara Sand
Clinical Psychology

When anxious and dealing with the death of a family member taking an additional .
25 of ativan (lorazepam) should be fine.

Dr. Shara Sand
Dr. Shara Sand
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Depends on why it

was prescribed, how often you have been taking it and who prescribed it.
You certainly have enough stress to want a minor tranq. but maybe a trip to a psychologist would help. You probably need support now and in the immediate future. This doesn't sound like a good week ahead of you. Hang out with relatives who are loving and understanding.

In brief: Depends on why it

Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: DO NOT

Take more Ativan!! It belongs to a class of drugs called the "benzodiazepans" They are extremely addictive and one of their side effects is DEPRESSION and it sound like you are depressed already!! Sounds like you need to contact a medtal health professional ASAP.
Call your PCP for the appropriate referral! Go to an ER if things get worse this Holiday Weekend!! Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: DO NOT

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Maybe

But how you take Ativan (lorazepam) should be coordinated with the prescribing doctor, and this question should be posed to whomever that is.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Eric Weisman