I am a 32 yr old male and planning to take depo-provera for hair growth and sexual urge reduction. Good idea?

Pathology

In brief: No

The hormone treatment you are contemplating is likely to cause more problems than it will solve.
It is imperative that you consult an endocrinologist before doing any of what you are planning.

In brief: No

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Absolutely right! Don't do anything like this without expert evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Not right indication

Bad idea .
Depo-provera is not approved for hair growth , not for men except for gender assignment ( Sex change ) if you are succumbed to male baldness , several alternatives are available . First speak to your doctor .

In brief: Not right indication

Bad idea .
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: SEX URGE REDUCTION

IT IS A GOOD IDEA IF YOU HAVE THE BLESSINGS OF YOUR PCP, AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST, A GYNECOLOGIST, AND AN INTERNIST.
BEST LUCK TO YOU. . .

In brief: SEX URGE REDUCTION

BEST LUCK TO YOU. . .
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Johnny Roy
Urology

In brief: See remark

I don't recommand either. There are other agents for hair growth that MAY help !! since hair loss is genetic I don't know your history/backround ,at you relatively young age see an endocrinologist before "messing" with hormones,as we need to know your testosterone level .
.........good luck

In brief: See remark

.........good luck
Dr. Johnny Roy
Dr. Johnny Roy

In brief: Don't Rush

This is known as " chemical castration" when males use this medication.
In addition to above results it can cause depression. There should be a complete evaluation , medical and psychiatric before considering this route.

In brief: Don't Rush

Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham