Ankle swelling kidney creatinine .68 bun 13 ratio was 19.1 which is close to high ratio does that mean kidney or heart issues?

Dr. Atul Singh
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Neither

The BUN and creatinine are normal and the ratio is not important in your labs.
The numbers are as good as they get. A good physical exam and history is needed to determine the cause of your ankle edema. The numbers don't point to kidney disease and work up heart disease need to see your MD.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. George Klauber
Agree withDr. Singh. BUN/Creatinine ratio is seldom useful
Pathology

In brief: Kidneys are fine

You are not in kidney failure, period.
The "high BUN/creatinine ratio" means nothing if you seem generally well; you might have gotten this from eating a steak and it's fine. If you can run up a flight of stairs and lie flat comfortably, I'd doubt heart issues. I am VERY, VERY concerned about your report of fatty liver. I would urge you to increase your aerobic fitness even more & see what happens

In brief: Kidneys are fine

You are not in kidney failure, period.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Neither

Your kidney function is normal.
Heart issues are equally unlikely.

In brief: Neither

Your kidney function is normal.
Heart issues are equally unlikely.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine