Small pleomorphic adenoma (<2cm) on postero inferior part of superficial parotid gland. Traditional incision needed? Anyone do micro parotidectomy in ct?

Traditional incision. Pleomorphic adenoma of the superficial lobe of parotid requires removal of the superficial lobe. This operation is not performed on the lobe per se but on identifying the facial nerve and its branches and lifting the lobe off the nerve. The incision is designed to give landmarks that define the trunk of the nerve as it comes out of the stylomastoid foramen. Procedure this way is under 1 hr.
Yale Cancer Center. Yale Cancer Center Campus Address: 333 Cedar Street New Haven (203) 785-4095.