Is this hot flashes with no sweat? I'm 47 and today I suddenly feel very, very hot & there's a spike in my bp/heartbeat but no fever. Is this menopaus

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Could be

Hot flashes are one of the first signs of the menopausal transition for many women.
They are often but not always associated with sweating. They are actually referred to as hot flushes and you or others may notice that your face flushes when you have one. They are more common when you are stressed and are not associated with a fever. Many women say they feel like a furnace inside. Hope this helps.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine