I'm coming down with the flu I think. Tired, feel hot, achy, etc. Is there anything I can do to reduce the severity of the symptoms to come?

Dr. Stephen Scholand

In brief: Diagnose it to treat

The best thing to do is get an accurate diagnosis - so then you can get the best treatment.
Even though it's no longer 'flu season' in the US, it's still possible to get the flu. Best to see a doc today (urgent care?) and get a rapid test. If it is flu, there are antivirals available (Tamiflu). It could be another germ however, so finding out what it is will help plan out the best treatment.

In brief: Diagnose it to treat

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Steven Seres